Conveyancing Process - Sale
At Debbie Hutton Conveyancing, we aim to remove any stressful elements from the selling process by delivering our services through licensed conveyancers with years of experience. Here is a checklist of tasks for each stage of the sale process.
What You Do:
Before Contracts are signed
- Find an agent to market your property.
- Ensure the contract has all the clauses you require.
- Read the contract carefully, if in doubt do not sign, seek advice from Debbie Hutton Conveyancing.
- Sign the contract!
- Communicate with banks or financial institutions to arrange a discharge of mortgage within contract time limits.
- Sign transfer.
- Give your conveyancer your instructions for the balance funds following settlement.
- Make arrangements for the big move! (including telephone and power)
- Ensure property is in a clean condition with no rubbish left at the property and all your belongings removed.
- Organise keys for the property to be taken to the real estate agent.
What We Do:
- Obtain a copy of the contract from the agent.
- Communicate with lenders and financial institutions to ensure readiness for settlement.
- Prepare settlement figures.
- Attend settlement to ensure title documents are processed correctly.
- Receive settlement funds.
- Pay any loan payout funds to lender
- Ensure payment of council rates, land tax and balance agents commission on your behalf.
- Advise you when settlement has been completed.
- Arrange for final report to be sent to you.